The first step to enroll your child in school is to submit an application in person at:
9716 Hinton Ave, Delhi.
Open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
A child’s parent or guardian must bring:
- Picture ID
- Proof of your child’s birth (Birth Certificate or Hospital Card)
- Two original proofs of home address that are dated within the past 45 days.
- High school transcript (For students currently enrolled in a non-DUSD high school looking to transfer to DUSD for the current school year)
Acceptable Proofs of Home Address:
Proofs of home address must be originals and include the name and address of the parent or guardian.
- One to two utility service contract, statement or payment receipts; from different agencies such as PG&E, water, cable, or garbage within 45 days (no cell phone bills will be accepted)
- Both automobile registration and auto insurance policy, must be current (count as one proof)
- Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy, must be current
- Property tax payment receipts, must be current assessment year.
- Correspondence from a government agency within 45 days
- Grant deed, title of property
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts within 45 days
- Section 8 agreements, must be current
- Affidavit of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil
- Pay stubs, within 45 days
- Voter registration, must be current
Sorry, we cannot accept cell phone bills as proof of address.
Immunization records are not required for application submission, but are required at the time of school enrollment.
Students new to the district are required to meet the following requirements:
- TB Skin Test (all students entering SFUSD)
- Within one year of entering the DUSD or signature of health examiner attesting to no risk factors for TB
- Children entering kindergarten through 6th grade should have:
- 5 DTaP (4 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 Polio (3 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 MMR (both on or after 1st birthday)
- 1 Varicella (a second dose is recommended)
- Children entering 7th-12th grade should have:
- All immunizations above PLUS
- Tdap (whooping cough) booster