It is time to once again roll up our sleeves and give to our community by beautifying it. Last year we hit a "tipping point" in Delhi when it became the norm to see cleaner streets and cleaner buildings. For those of us who were here three years ago, we can remember when that was not the case. Through hard work, dedication, and Stick-to-itiveness, we have changed the "face" of our little town. Delhi students deserve a clean town.
How dedicated have we been? In May--four months ago--we cleaned Delhi twice in the span of five days! That was remarkable and once again demonstrated Delhi USD's Can Do Attitude. Thanks to the efforts of our students, teachers, staff, parents, and volunteers, our town shined for graduation.
The last week in September will be a wonderful week in our District. On Wednesday, September 27, we will be dedicating El Capitan's newly built playground, with dozens of out-of-town guests joining us for the celebration; on Friday, August 29, DHS will be holding its annual Homecoming Week, culminating with a parade through town and home game.
To make sure our out-of-town guests find a clean and beautiful town, worthy of our students, staff, and families, I’m inviting all of you to join me, Saturday, September 23, 2017 in beautifying Delhi once again by conducting a community clean up from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.--Rain or Shine! Make sure to wear sunscreen if it's a sunny day!
Here's the plan:
At 8:15 a..m., let's meet at the Ed Park, right outside the main office to create teams and distribute equipment. We will need teams for:
1. Clean-up of weeds and trash at the entrance of Hwy 99 and Shanks, leading to Vincent Road and leading to the corner of Shanks and Letteau—including trash clean up at the parking lot of the empty building for lease;
2. Continuing the clean-up of weeds and trash on Shanks, leading to the corner of Shanks and Schendel;
3. Clean up along Schendel, across the street from the Ed Park, leading all the way Merced Avenue.
4. Clean up along El Capitan Way, at the Overpass (Only available to volunteers 18 or older)
5. Graffiti abatement in affected areas
We will have pizza and soda for everyone (at the tables outside the DHS cafeteria) starting at 11:30 a.m.
Please help me spread the word!!!
Please post on your social media platforms and other media. We all need to pitch in to keep Delhi beautiful!!!
Proud to Be the Superintendent of the Delhi Unified School District
"Empowering Our Students to Serve and Lead the World."