The Assessment department is responsible for the administration of local and state assessments. Locally scored and posted in real time, the results of our local assessments are used by our teachers and administrators to accomplish the following objectives via Professional Learning Communities (PLCs):
– Immediate feedback to teachers, administrators, and students.
– Understanding, planning and effective implementation of Differentiated instruction.
– Determine progress of special groups such as English Learners (ELs) and Special Education (SpEd).
– Planning instructional next steps utilizing data via multiple measures.
– Identify district-wide academic strengths and weaknesses.
– Inform parents about their child’s academic progress.
– Plan professional development.
– Brainstorm solutions for at-risk students and gifted students.
For specific information on state tests, you can also visit the 2017-18 California Assessment System webpage.
For a better understanding of the assessments administered at your child's school, please contact the student's teacher or set up a meeting with the site principal. Academic counselors can also assist you at DHS. Community members and other interested individuals can contact Juan Garcia, Coordinator of English Language Development and Assessment at 209-656-2000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.