Updated COVID-19 Guidance for 2021-22 School Year
- Masks are required indoors at all times for ETK-12th grade students. All students, including those that are fully vaccinated, must wear masks indoors.
- Vaccinated adults can only be without masks indoors IF there are no students in the building.
- Masking outside is optional for Staff and Students. We will not require students to wear masks outside.
- With a doctor's note, students may be excluded from wearing a mask but would need to wear a face shield with a drape.
- If your student's health would be put at risk by in-person instruction, please notify your student’s school ASAP so an alternative learning plan can be discussed.
- When on the bus, ventilation and masks are required.
- Cohorts are no longer required, DUSD will not be using cohorts.
- Social distancing at three feet will be maintained when space permits but is not required as long as we have masks and other precautions in place. Our focus will be on making sure all students are able to adequately participate in learning.
- Quarantine guidelines have been updated and will be followed carefully by our Covid-19 Team
- If vaccinated and exposed, no quarantine is required as long as you are not having symptoms.
- If unvaccinated and exposed, we will follow a modified quarantine IF masks were worn and the guidance is followed. This includes twice a week Covid-19 testing and monitoring for symptoms throughout the 10 day period after exposure. Exposed unvaccinated students will NOT be able to participate in extracurricular activities for the 10 days modified quarantine.
- DUSD will offer regular Covid-19 testing for unvaccinated staff and students on campus.
New information will be shared as it becomes available. All guidance being followed by DUSD is in accordance with the California Department of Public Health and Merced County Department of Public Health. More information on these new updates can be found here: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/K-12-Guidance-2021-22-School-Year.aspx#