Junior Academy of Medical Science - JAMS
Our mission is to nurture the development of future doctors and health care professionals through a supportive and academically rigorous educational program for middle school students from disadvantaged and underrepresented backgrounds.
Academia Menor de Ciencias Médicas (JAMS)
Declaración de la Misión:
Nuestra misión es nutrir el desarrollo de los futuros médicos y profesionales de la salud a través de un programa educativo de apoyo y con rigor académico para los estudiantes de secundaria desventajados y insuficientemente representadas.
Reminder JAMS 7th Grade!!!!
Enrichment Field Trip!
Delhi Middle School.
Where: Modesto Junior College
Activity: Career and College & Exploration
When: November 4
What is J.A.M.S.?
- To prepare Middle School students for a rigorous high school academic experience that will lead to meeting entrance requirements to a University.
- Expose middle school students to colleges and universities.
- Increase student knowledge of scientific and health related topics relevant to a future career in the health professions.
- Develop skills that will enhance students’ academic, social, and leadership abilities.
- Students participate in a competitive application process.
- Priority is given to educationally and/or economically disadvantaged students.
- Letter(s) of recommendation are required by English and/or Math Instructors.
Expectations of Students:
- Commit to the program for the entire 2 years of Middle School.
- Maintain a 2.8 grade point average (GPA).
- Attend 75% of the extracurricular JAMS activities offered.
- Participate in after school enrichment activities, study trips, workshops, service events, summer program and College Ed activities that enhance student achievement.
- Attend tutorial sessions and seek academic support from JAMS teachers and tutors when recommended.