Delhi Medical Academy of Science
DMAS is a program serving students within the Delhi Unified School District who are interested in using their high school experience as a pathway to careers in healthcare.
The program targets qualified and motivated high school students.
DMAS is NOT a club; it is a 4 year program offered at Delhi High School.
- Students enroll in the program through their enrollment in the Junior Academy of Medical Sciences (JAMS), a middle school pipeline of DMAS within the Delhi Unified School District.
- Students not enrolled in JAMS may also apply to DMAS prior to the school year they wish to enroll in.
- Priority is given to educationally and/or economically disadvantaged students.
- Prepare students with hands-on experience and practical knowledge to explore different career opportunities in the health industry.
- Assist and support educationally and/or economically disadvantaged students in successfully preparing for entry-level or post-secondary study positions in healthcare after graduation.
- Expose students to colleges and university at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Rigorous 21st Century Skills- Critical Thinking, Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Technology, Self-direction, and Global Awareness.
- College prep courses and courses in a Health Science Career Pathway.
- Leadership and Organizational skills. Capture.JPG
Medical Terminology courses in English and Spanish.
- Online and classroom exploration into medical and health careers.
Intern/work in local clinics and facilities through ROP.
Expectations of Students:
- Commit to the program for the entire 4 years of High School.
- Maintain a 2.8 grade point average.
- Attend 75% of the extra-curricular DMAS activities offered.
- Participate in after school enrichment activities, study trips, workshops, service events, and college focused activities that enhance student achievement.
- Learn from tutorial sessions and seek academic support from DMAS teachers and tutors when recommended.