Get Approval to Distribute Information
All fliers and distributions to school sites from community organizations must be reviewed and approved by the Curriculum and Instruction Department.
The following materials must be submitted for consideration:
- Leave a 1 x 2 inch space on your flier for the approval stamp
- If you want to print your flier before getting it stamped, make sure the phrase "DUSD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity described in this document" is included on the flier. Then you only need to show the school one stamped version of the document.
- Make sure your flier does not contain:
- Corporate promotion
- For-profit advertising
- Promotions for dances, parties, etc.
- Educational materials that have not been approved by DUSD
- Content inconsistent with the mission or policies of DUSD
- Political materials, endorsements, walk-outs, demonstration notices, etc.
- Recruitment of students or staff to an independent or private school
- Create a PDF of your flier
- Here are some instructions on how to create a PDF
- Find a PDF or image of your organization's 501(c)(3) documentation, such as a letter from the IRS or a document with your organization's federal tax ID
- We can only approve fliers from nonprofit organizations
- Federal, state and city organizations are exempt from providing proof of a 501(c)(3)
- Email your flier and 501(c)(3) documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you plan on delivering or posting your flier at school sites yourself, please bring a stamped version of your flier and a copy of your submission confirmation email to the school office.
You can request student and staff counts at school sites to help with your printing estimates once your flier has been approved.
If you need help distributing your flier, contact the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction. Additional fees may apply.
Approved documents will be stamped and returned to the contact listed on the application form or sender's Email.
Please note that distribution is provided as a community service. The DUSD neither endorses nor sponsors any activity that is approved and reserves the right to deny any request. Approvals may take up to 5 business days to review.
Once my materials are approved, how can I get them to the schools?
Materials can be distributed to school sites via our District Office for a small fee. Distribution forms with the breakdown of costs can be found on the Materials Distribution Form on this page ----->
Please contact the District Office at 209-656-2000 to schedule a drop-off date.